Saturday, August 8, 2009

Something New

The girls and I have decided to try something new. We were even able to talk Brad (Daddy) into joining us. Yes, we are starting a blog!! We are embarking on a new adventure this school year and we wanted a way to remember our journey. We are HOMESCHOOLING this year for the very first time. The girls and I are very excited about this adventure. We hope you will join us and read about our adventures. I'm sure this is going to be interesting!!

After weeks and weeks of research and checking out curriculums,here is the link for the curriculum I decided to use this year: http://www.sonlight.com/

I think this will be the best for our family at this time. It is a literature based curriculum and for those of you who know us well know we LOVE to read! Our boxes of books and materials came yesterday and we were so excited to sit in the floor and see everything we will be doing this year. We truly did have a "box day" that I had read about on the website. I did not want to start until the 17th and I had already planned out my calendar to get in the 180 required days I need to teach, but the girls are ready to start THIS Monday. I may have to give in and start a week early. I just hope they stay this excited all year!! I am anticipating a happy group in my class this year~wonder how long it will last??

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a blog!! Welcome to the virtual scrapbook world! I didn't know you decided to homeschool. Great for you and your family. I have lots of friends who do the same and they love it. Good luck and I hope their enthusiasm lasts, too! :)

    ReplyDelete