Thursday, October 1, 2009

First Day!

Today is the very first day of October~WOW! Why do I feel the need to blog about this you say? Well, there is no real importance to this day except it is the first day of October and there will never be another one until next year! There is really nothing special happening today for us. We go to PE today and Madison has basketball practice. This is something we do every Thursday, so today isn't different. It is my aunt Becky's birthday today (so it is a special day for her!) and I won't say what age because she would probably kill me. Her son wished her a happy 30th birthday and me, being the smart person I am, added to his comment that maybe it was 30+30. Oh, she didn't like that AT ALL and now I think I am in trouble! HA! HA! I hope she will forgive me soon! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT BECKY~WE LOVE YOU!


Happy First Day of October everyone~WE LOVE YOU ALL TOO!!



Notable "firsts" in history (according to http://www.brainyhistory.com):

*1992 Cartoon Cable Network premieres
*1989 US issues a stamp, labeling an apatosaurus as a brontosaurus
*1982 EPCOT opens in Orlando, Florida
*1977 Department of Energy established
*1972 First games of World Hockey Association
*1971 Walt Disney World opens in Orlando, Florida
*1964 San Francisco Cable Cars declared a national landmark
*1962 Lucy Show premieres
*1947 1st helicopter air mail and express service
*1908 Henry Ford introduces Model T car
*1896 Yosemite becomes a National Park
*1890 Yosemite National Park forms








No comments:

Post a Comment