Saturday, October 24, 2009

Taco Soup

Anyone love Taco Soup? We love it at my house! I haven't had it in awhile so I decided to make up a big pot today. I have seen several recipes for Taco Soup and they all looked so good. My secret when looking for a recipe is ....SIMPLE!! I won't usually fix something if there is a lot of steps and/or a lot of ingredients that will only be used for one recipe. I do like to try these types of recipes sometimes, usually it goes to waste because no one will eat it but me.

Here is the recipe I use for Taco Soup. I usually double/triple the serving so I will have some to freeze. If I am making it, I might as well make a lot of it. If I could remember where I got it from, I would be glad to give credit to that person or site. Since I did not write down where or who it came from, I can't do it this time. Please feel free to post your favorite Taco Soup recipe here too! If you make this, let me know how it turns out~I can assure you it will be DELICIOUS!!!!

The Very Best Taco Soup Recipe

1 1/2 lbs. Hamburger meat
2 cans Corn
2 cans Pinto beans
1 can dark red Kidney beans
1 can Ro-tel (mild or hot)
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix (not the dip mix)
1 8oz. pkg velveta


Brown hamburger and season as normal, I use garlic powder, salt, and pepper, in a large pot. Drain. Add the ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning to the meat and stir well. Do not drain any of the canned ingredients. Add all canned ingredients (including the juice) to the meat. Bring to a boil. While thats coming to a boil, cube the velveta and add to the soup. Once the soup has been brought to a boil cover and simmer on low for 30-45 min. Serve with tortilla chips. You can also serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, salsa etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment