Friday, October 9, 2009

Milestone

I put my oldest "baby" on a bus this afternoon with other middle and high school students from our church for a weekend retreat in Covington, GA. I know she will have a GREAT time! When I got there to drop her off, all the other students are older now. I don't think I realized how grown up she was getting until I scanned the crowd and saw all those "bigger" kids (I know, everyone is bigger than her!). I have only been used to the children's department and the trips the girls go on with them. This is our first year in the middle school department and she LOVES it! I am feeling quite old! I HAVE A MIDDLE SCHOOLER NOW! WOW! Where have all the years gone? When the girls were younger and I saw parents of middle school children, I thought they were so old and their children so grown. Now I am one of those parents and my daughter is one of those children. I still can not believe it! Can you tell I'm having a hard time?!?! I barely got a hug good bye today. Just a quick grab on my back while I was talking to someone. Nothing fancy or special~no looking into my eyes and "telling" me good bye, no long, tight hug good bye, and definitely not a kiss! She even called me "mother" today. I told her I was not her "mother", but I guess I am! I always thought I would be mommy. I guess that is only for moms who do not have a child in middle school. Hopefully I can make Mollie and Margaret stay little for a while longer. I just hope she and Margaret do not pick up on the "mother" thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment