Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fun at Kackleberry Farm











On Monday a small group of homeschoolers from our neighborhood went to Kackleberry Farms in Louisville. We had such a GREAT time. There was so much to do on this small farm, the children didn't know where to go first or what to do first. That's OK, because first off we had an explanation of the farm and what all there is to do here. Then we had some pumpkin education and a story. This was really geared towards the small ones, as I could see the older children got bored quick! When I say small ones I mean 1st/2nd grade and under. If I hadn't already completed a pumpkin unit with Mollie, she might would have enjoyed it more. Either way, the story was cute and I want a copy for my bookshelf at home. One can NEVER have too many books!!! After all of this was over, the children chose the corn maze first. After this, everyone just scattered because there was so much to do and everyone wanted to do something different. I didn't mind it too much because the farm isn't that big and I could keep my eye on everyone from a distance. Also, we were only 1 of 2 groups on the farm this day. It is only opened on Saturdays and Sundays to the public. During the week, it is reserved only for field trips. I was able to speak with the owner for a few minutes and she said this was their 3rd year and they have reserved trips for over 3000 students so far. The first year they had a little over 1000 and each year since have added 1000. They have also added new stuff each year. The first year they opened, they only had the animals and the corn maze. Now they have added lots more things and lots more children! If anyone is thinking about going, I highly recommend it!










I think I had just as much fun as the children!













Madison's favorite thing on the farm was the slide that went 40 mph because it was fast AND the baby rabbits and baby goats because they were so soft and cuddly. She didn't like the life cycle of the pumpkin or the story because she thought it was boring and everybody already knew this except for the little kids. (See where I got my review from?)
















Margaret's Favorite thing on the farm was the baby animals because she liked feeding them the baby bottles. She didn't like the "Buckeroo Riding thingie" because it was impossible to sit on~thought the owners should have made it more stable. (I think this is the point of the ride though!)










Mollie's favorite thing on the farm was the corn maize because you follow tracks and look at patterns. She didn't like the pig races that much because you just have to stand there and be still and you can't do anything. (Can you tell she doesn't like to be still?)


No comments:

Post a Comment