Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's FINALLY Here!

Well, my cell phone came in today! I guess I should really say my Blackberry ("crackberry") because I was using a cell phone and it is definitely NOT the same thing!! I thought I had to wait 7-10 days for my replacement to come because I only paid the $9.99 shipping (too cheap to pay the $19.99 for 2 day and really couldn't afford it anyway! Patience is a virtue, right?) and I had already decided it wouldn't be here until then. Trust me, I was in a bad mood every time I thought about it, got a text, had to sit down to check email, or log on to facebook to do anything OTHER than farm! The cold, rainy weather didn't help my mood either, so I was just THRILLED to hear the girls say there was a package at the door. I really didn't think it was my phone though because it had not been enough time. I am always sending off for so many samples of "free" stuff I find online, so I just thought it was something "not so important". There was no return address with Tmobile on it so I just didn't think it could possibly be my phone.


















I bring it inside and open it and SURPRISE....it is my Blackberry!
Now why in the world did they want me to pay $19.99 for 2 day shipping when it was going to get here in 2 days for $9.99?!?! If I would have paid $19.99 I would have never known the difference. Since I only paid $9.99, I would like to know where my other $10.00 would have gone? Do you think they would have sent it back?? Anyone think I should ask?







We went to Edgefield tonight to the funeral home. My stepfather's mother died or my step-grandmother? Either way it was a sad occasion for a visit to Edgefield. Sorry, but Thurmond's isn't on my list of places to visit when I go to Edgefield. It is such a sad place to go. A sad occasion to see people. I often wonder why it takes a funeral home visitation or funeral to see people you may not have seen in ages? There were some people there tonight I hardly recognized because I was much younger the last time I saw them. This is really a happy time when you see someone you haven't seen in awhile, but then you realize why you are there and why you are seeing them. Depressing! People's lives are so busy these days, but it is nice to know we all still come together to share in the life of someone dear to all of us~someone special to each of us in our own way. I think "Miss Dot" would have been happy~lots of people there that loved her. Please keep her family in your prayers as they go through this difficult time in their lives. Grief is a very painful thing. People always say it gets better with time, but how much time? Can you really put a time on your pain?


Brad and I brought home both babies (Rylee and Matthew) for the night. We are keeping them until everyone gets back from St. George sometime tomorrow evening. I went to the funeral home with sad eyes and a heavy heart and came home with 2 babies and a smile. Isn't it funny how babies make you take your mind off your own trouble/grief? So sweet, so innocent! This time tomorrow my eyes may be red and heavy from a lack of sleep, but it will all be worth it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment