Saturday, October 24, 2009

Planning

Well, today I did not get as much done as I wanted to. It took a while to plan and then I decided to stay home today and cook what I already had in the house. We did 2 weeks worth of menus and made our list. If I double everything then I should get 4 weeks out of it, but I doubt I'll do that on things I'm not too sure if we will like or not. I found some really great menus to print out and plan on. I still prefer paper and pencil to do this part.

Things I did today:
Pumpkin muffins (I left out the chocolate chips since I don't like chocolate unless it is chocolate chip cookies or a brownie.) I made 24 muffins.
Pancakes-I only doubled this recipe to make sure we were going to like the mix. I made 30 big pancakes and 20 mini pancakes. They were delicious so I will be making more tomorrow! Mollie and I mixed them up and Madison cooked them. We make a GREAT team!
Taco Soup-I doubled this recipe too! I'm not sure how much I have to freeze yet because I put it all in a big Tupperware and in the fridge till tomorrow. I used all my freezer bags on the pancakes so I need to get more!
Hamburgers-had some meat left over so Brad grilled 6 patties. He, Madison, Mollie ate this for dinner (he also grilled some deer sausage for him to take to work!), Margaret ate pancakes, and I had Taco Soup. What a conglomeration!!!
Chicken and Vegetables -I really don't have a recipe for this. I had some frozen chicken breast in the freezer so I just threw them in the crock pot and seasoned them with a little of EVERYTHING we had in the cabinet. I had some squash I needed to cook so I threw them in there along with some fresh broccoli, potatoes, and purple onions. I added a cup of water since these are boneless, skinless breast and I wasn't too sure how much water they would release while cooking. This will be our lunch for tomorrow.


My plan for tomorrow is to go to the grocery store and get the things I need to make the rest of the items on my list.
Spaghetti Sauce -thanks to Shannon Clark Davis!
Chili -I use the recipe out of the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook. I use the Easy Chili recipe on page 38. I can post for anyone that needs it.
Whole Chicken -we get 3 meals out of 1 whole chicken. I put the whole chicken in my crock pot with a little seasoning salt, Cavenders, salt, and pepper. DO NOT ADD WATER!! I cook on low ALL day or night. I half this and we eat it as a meal with vegetables, I use the other half and the broth(make sure you save it!) to make chicken and egg noodles, and chicken and rice. I may cook 2 this time since there are so many recipes that call for cooked chicken and I will have it for when I need it. (Chicken Macaroni Bake, Chicken Tetrazzini, Chicken Divan, Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole)
Salmon fillets -I cook these on my George Foreman. I wash the salmon and sprinkle with Blackened Redfish Magic on both sides. It only take a few minutes for these to cook on the George Foreman. I make sure I cook enough so I have leftovers. I use them for Salmon Cesear Salad and Salmon Salad. I also found a great recipe today (thanks Jennifer Earp!) for Firecracker Salad so I will be trying this too. I will probably mix everything up and freeze so all I will have to do is bake them.
Vegetable Soup
Hamburger meat-plan on cooking this so I can make Taco meat, Sloppy Joes, spaghetti sauce, Chili


Let's hope I can get it all done tomorrow after church. What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon! Now, do I have room in my freezer for all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment